Tuesday, May 15, 2012

{Target Tuesday} Hair Ties



For MONTHS, I have been wanting to buy some Fold Over Elastic to make cute hair ties/ wrist decor. And since I have the attention span of a gnat and could never commit to what color/ print of elastic I wanted, I never ordered any. Then on one of my weekly daily trips to Target, I rounded a corner and look at what jumped out at me......
YEP, those would be hair ties made with FOE (Fold Over Elastic). Several colors available, but not too many, so I wasn't overwhelmed. ;)
They are 3 packs for $2.50, and there are headbands available too, which I bet are SUPER comfy!

So, if you tend to wear a hair tie on your wrist, these are WAY cuter..... fashionable AND functional :)


On Etsy these type of hair ties are about $1.25+ each..... so these at Target are a good deal.

You can of course make your own too..... pretty sure these would take absolutely NO crafty talents whatsoever.... so these would be easy for ANYONE to make.

You can find a tutorial from Lil' Blue Boo HERE to make your own
For supplies you can do a Google search for Fold Over Elastic, search on ETSY  (HERE is what I found) or you can Pick up the Babyville Boutique brand at Joann's or Hobby Lobby with the cloth diapering cover supplies.

So, while you are at Target you can pick some up really quick OR if you want to make your own, you can probably make quite a few ..... about 10 yards of elastic for $5, I think you would end up with enough to get you and a few friends through summer :)







No comments:

Post a Comment